Thursday, 2 January 2014

My Skin Routine

Hi Guys!

Everyone has a different skin routine and here's mine!

Before you even think about applying makeup, you have to make sure your skin is fully prepped. Your skin should be smooth and well moisturised. Drinking lots of water, a good diet and a regular skin routine is key!

Image from Google Images.


This is a step by step run through of my daily and weekly skin routine.

Products I use:

  • face wipes
  • toner
  • micellar water
  • eye cream
  • moisturiser (day and night) or serum
  • eyelash serum (optional)
  • exfoliator
  • face mask
  • antiseptic cream (optional)
  • eye make up remover.


TIP: DON'T USE NORMAL SOAP! The skin on your face is thin and can be easily irritated, so it'll need a more gentle cleanser. Normal soap dries the skin, stripping it of the natural oils, these are needed to protect against environmental damage.



Morning Routine.

step one
Your skin should be clean from the night before (see night routine), so splash some cool water onto your skin to freshen it up and to close pores. Pat dry with a clean towel.


step two
Soak a cotton pad in some micellar water and wipe all over your face to remove any dirt. ( If you have oily skin, use a toner as well.)



step three
Apply your moisturiser to your face, avoiding your eyes. This should be a lightweight, daytime moisturiser, ideally with a SPF. (Even if it is cloudy outside, this is very important.)



step four
Apply your eye cream. Instead of dragging or rubbing it, tap it on with your ring finger, working your way around to the eye socket. Rubbing encourages the skin to sag and tapping increases the blood circulation and plumps the surface of the skin.





TIP: Good skin preparation will lead to a better make application, which is easier to do, lasts longer and has a more professional finish. 




Night Routine
It is important to remove your makeup and to clean your face of any impurities that may have collected during the day.


step one
Remove most of your makeup with a makeup wipe. I do this to save any extra product it may take using the micellar water and makeup remover.


step two
To remove eye make up (especially mascara), you should use eye make-up remover. Normal cleaners can contain fragrance and ingredients that are not suitable on the delicate area around the eyes. soak a cotton pad with the eye-makeup remover and wipe away gently across your eye until the make up is removed.



step three
To remove the rest of your makeup, I use a soaked cotton pad of micellar water and wipe all over my face.


step four.
Use a toner to remove any oil from the surface of the skin. Soak a cotton pad in the toner and apply all over your face or just your T-zone.


step five
You should then apply an eye cream and a night moisturiser or serum or both. The combination of products will depend on your skin type and age. Your skin renews itself at night while you are sleeping, so specific products contain ingredients to aid this process.


step six
I then apply a small layer of antiseptic cream (sudacrem) to any blemishes I may have. I feel this really helps speed up the healing process of my skin.





TIP: I like apply a eyelash serum to my eyelashes and eyebrows to promote growth.



Weekly routine.

I like to exfoliate 2-3 times a week, but it is recommended at least once a week. This removes dead skin cells and improves the texture of the surface of the skin, as well as aiding circulation and keeping the layers under the surface plumped. I do this on a night time before my nightly routine, ideally in the shower,
I also like to have a pamper night 1-2 times a week and apply a face mask. This helps improve the health and appearance of the skin. There is loads of different face masks out there, that do a number of different things, so it is just finding the best on for your skin.

TIP: steam is also excellent for clearing congestion.



So that's the end of my skin routine! I hope this helped you and I really hope you have enjoyed it!

Thanks for reading!

Michaela
x

5 comments:

  1. Great post with lots of good tips :) I love origins drink up mask it's brill xx
    zoloriri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely skincare post! I'm trying to improve my skincare routine as one of my new year resolutions, so this is really helpful :)x
    Sophy xo | Lashes and Splashes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first post!! XXX Let me know if you need any advice girlfriend.. Keep it goin' :) hairxemilyaugustine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! I really want to try the loreal micellar water but worried it'll dry my skin out what do you think of it? I'm a new bblogger too www.misswriter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete